Friday, February 26, 2010

Thrifty

I wanted to share my latest bargain! My sister and I took some time to go to the local PTA sale. If you haven't heard of these amazing sales, let me explain. PTA stands for Parent Teacher Association. The mom's in the group rent out the local high school, or rec center and sell their baby/kid items like one maga garage sale or thrift store! You pay $5.00 to get in early (usually 8am) if you want first pick. Most people pay to come early if they are looking for a large item like a stroller or crib etc. An hour later you pay $1.00 to get in. It's worth it to go early. All the money they collect in entrance fees goes directly to the PTA. So it goes to a good cause! I ended up buying Liam some really cute Baby Gap Jeans, Children's Place, Gymboree and Oshkosh outfits for this fall. I try to shop 6 to 12 months ahead. For 1.00 to 3.00 an item, it's worth it! Some of things I bought still had the tags attached! I thought I would share with you my favorite outfit I bought Liam for next summer. I was so excited to snag up such a good deal! He's going to be one stylish kid.



Children's Place Suit jacket $3.00 Shoes $1.00 and Tie .50 = $4.50



Here is my sweet boy,...he's got a long way until he can fit this outfit.



No comments:

Post a Comment