Thursday, February 11, 2010

Adventures in the Kitchen

So like I said before, I'm going to try and cook more in 2010. I have noticed that my confidence level when it comes to cooking is very low. I think it's because I don't cook as often as I should. I haven't reached that point in my skill level to say I am good at it,...but I'm improving. Tom seems to think that I need to loosen up a bit. I follow the recipe exactly, which bugs the heck out of him. He is the kind of cook that throws in this, or that to taste. Maybe that's why baking is my strong suit. Baking has to be exact, in order to turn out right. Give me a mixing bowl with spoon and I am happy. :)


Well last night I decided to try a new recipe that that I found online for Irish Stew. It was amazing, even Tom thought so. I thought I would share the recipe with you all. The only thing I found that I would change/add is a little bit of water. I found that I boiled down the liquid too much at the end, so I added about 1 1/2 cups of water and it fixed the problem, and didn't change the taste. I baked a loaf of Beer Bread with a little butter to go along with it, and the two went really well together. Bon Appétit!

IRISH STEW

1 comment:

  1. No! Baking is not an exact science either! LOOSEN UP! LOL!

    ReplyDelete