Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thrifty

Another one of my favorite hobbies is to bargain hunt. Tom teases me all the time about my excitement to try and stretch my dollar farther than the time before. He has been known to call me a fox hound, sniffing out the red stickers. ha ha I have been working since I was 16,... babysitting, scooping ice cream at the local ice cream parlor and cleaning house for family friends to earn extra money. With five kids in your family, money was always tight and it wasn't as if I could ask my parents to buy me a new dress or a pair of shoes whenever I wished. Don't get me wrong, my parents bought me new school clothes, and shoes every year (necessity items). But whenever I wanted something new, I had to buy it myself. I became a working girl so that I could do extra things,...I bought my own car, paid for my own gas to drive it, took a trip to Europe (I saved all summer for that trip) and put myself through college. (With a little help the first semester from the parents)It's always been fun to see how far my dollar can stretch! I am a true believer that if you want something bad enough, you can get it for/close to, the price you want to buy it for. You just need to wait for the appropriate "time" to buy it. With the internet, it's even more so true. Be creative! Right before my wedding I went out and tried on loads of different wedding dresses, found one I loved, but didn't love the price tag (2,000.00) and went on ebay and bought it for $250.00. Same dress, different price! When I knew that I wanted my wedding colors to be red, I went to Target a few days after Christmas and picked up all my silver wedding flower holders, red ribbon etc. for 75% off. Classy, yet affordable! So now that I am no longer pregnant and slowly getting back into my clothes, I am once again out searching for new pieces to add to my wardrobe at an affordable price. Periodically I will post some of my bargains that I have found. This weekend Tom took me out to a few of my favorite stores for Valentine's day (He knew I needed to get out of the house) so we drove out to the East side and I stopped in a few. I was so excited to find that my weight loss isn't a part of my imagination and that the dress looked cute on me, and not just cute on the hanger. Here are a few of the great deals I picked up! Dress, shoes and spring hand bag. *Please note that the handbag doesn't match the outfit, but I threw it in the picture so you could see it.
Total price for all three items: $15.00


No comments:

Post a Comment