Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Treats

This summer seems to be buzzing on by. Spending as much time playing with Liam in the pool, taking walks around the neighborhood, trips to the park and playdates with friends as I can fit in. I don't know about you, but I am not about to heat up my kitchen on a sweltering hot summer day. (Especially because I don't have central air in my old colonial house) But at the same time, I don't want to eat out every night. The BBQ has been our friend! When I ran across this recipe via the blog world, I thought it was brilliant! A quick snack (or dessert after dinner) that can be mixed and made in the microwave. It's the Carrot Cake in a Jar!
Check it out! The recipe is located on Babble

What you’ll need:
1 box of carrot cake cake mix {+ ingredients to make}
cream cheese frosting
caramel sauce

What to do:
1. Mix cake batter according to package directions.

2. Spray a 4 ounce mason {canning} jar with cooking spray. Fill jar not quite half way with batter {do not overfill}. Place in microwave and cook on high for 30 seconds. At end of 30 seconds, cook for additional 30 seconds. CAREFULLY remove from microwave and allow to cool.

3. Frost with cream cheese frosting and drizzle caramel sauce on top.







Hope you are enjoying your summer! :)

1 comment:

  1. One minute seems to quick to cook it! You'll have to let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete