Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Handmade gifts are the BEST!

This past holiday weekend was such a busy one! We tried to squeeze as many things as we could into it. One of the fun things on our calendar was my girl friend's son's 2nd Birthday Party! He is such a sweet little boy. Seeing that Liam is only a few months behind him, they get along well! We love getting together for play dates whenever we can. So when we got invited to celebrate his Birthday I knew I needed to make him something special. I found this tutorial over at Noodlehead awhile back and thought it would be perfect! He is at an age that he likes to draw, color and read. With a baby sister at home, it's helpful to be able to tend to her and know that he is staying out of trouble. So making a little backpack filled with quiet activities that he can play with at home or even in the car was the perfect gift!








I lined the bag with cute little critter fabric and placed a pocket on the front for his crayons. Inside the bag I put a small coloring book, box of crayons, a bouncy ball, stickers, and a mini magnadoodle! He loved it! I may need to make Liam one of these! If you would like to make your own, head over to Noodlehead and you will find the tutorial!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I LOVE the animal print! Thank you for sharing, though I'm not much of a sewer I'll have to keep this project in mind

    ReplyDelete