Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday's Tunes

Keane is a British band (go figure) that has been around for a few years. They formed as a band back in 1995, but didn't debuted their first album until 2004. I got my hands on a copy and have loved them ever since. One of the band members (the pianist Tim) was approached by Chris Martin (of Coldplay) back in University and asked to join his band. He declined, but stuck with the guys in the band he already had been in for years. How funny that Coldplay could have merged with Keane! Both bands are very talented, but their sounds are different. Ironic how life works sometimes. It took Keane a little longer than Coldplay to get signed, but once their music became main stream, we the fans can't get enough. I have seen Keane two times in concert (once last summer) and I personally think that they are amazing! They are just as good, if not better live. If you are privileged to have the band travel to your area of the world. I recommend that you go! To my surprise, Keane came out with their new album this spring. "Night Train" I picked it up this week, and have to say, it's really good! If you get a chance, check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment