Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What I Have Been Up To,....

It has been a very busy few weeks. I have been sewing, and planning for my very first craft show that occurred this weekend. Sorry there has been a delay in my postings. Between my mommy duties and church activities it has been a bit crazy at my house. I have finally decided to step out and do something a bit out of my comfort zone. I am putting my sewing talents and broadening my little business outside of etsy. I met a really nice girl at a bookstore a few months ago who I started chatting with about crafting and such. She shared that she was a part of this Crafting Collation of young artists in the area. She gave me a business card and some Facebook info and I was intrigued. After looking into it, I decided to join! It has been such fun getting to know other women who love to craft and create like I do. I wanted to share some photos of the event I participated in.


Do you see my husband in the back there? He was busy creating an inventory data base for my shop. He's not really into the crafty part of the business,..but it was nice to have him there at the show with me.





I am loving my new business cards that I designed (and my dear husband helped with) that are doubled as tags.


Oo La La Apron!







Here is a photo of a new friend Emily of Zween! Sitting next to her at the craft show we shared ideas and admired each others work. If you get a chance, check out her shop! She has some fabric art work, sweet little felted fruit pins and sassy card designs (I bought a few at the last show).






Not much luck selling any aprons,...the show was small (in a coffee shop) and only a hand full of people came out. I did make some contacts. I met a lady who owns a crafty store that sells art from local talent. She now has four of my aprons in her shop to sell! So exciting!!

I want to say that I am blessed with some amazing friends! Friends who braved the rain and came out just to support me. One friend who drove her toddler and infant out to visit me (not an easy task). Thank you to all of you who came out to support me. It made me feel encouraged and loved.

Hope to do more shows in the future! Until then, I will keep my sewing machine running.

1 comment:

  1. Great Post! Your pictures came out so well! I'm so glad you were able to do this show and be my neighbor.

    I did my first show (ever) with the Cleveland Craft Coalition in March at the same coffee shop and had basically the same experience as you, but it has gotten slightly better with each show so don't give up! Besides, your aprons are a winner and when the time is right they will be flying off the table.

    One thing that you're doing that I admire so much is that you are selling on Etsy. I was so impressed when you told me that you already have customers from the other side of the world! Now that's something to be proud of!

    Keep up the good work and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete