Thursday, October 7, 2010

Birthday Surprise Projects

When finding out that a girlfriend of mine and her daughter were celebrating both their Birthday's 3 days apart from each other,...my mind went racing with something I could create them as gifts. Of course being a true blog fan, I pulled up some of the ideas I had bookmarked this summer. I knew exactly what I wanted to make the cute little 1 year old cupcake. A tu tu!!
How exciting to make something for a girly girl. Girls are just so fun to sew for! I was happy with the results. It was fairly simple to make,..but the look on her face when she went dancing around my living room swirling around (as if she knew what to do) was just priceless. I thought I would share a few photos of the finished work. (FYI My photos are a bit dark due to all the rain we were getting these past few days)



When I saw the Runaround Bag on Anna's blog {Noodle Head} I just had to make one of these! I'm always willing to support a follow stay at home mom/sewer/blogger. The pattern is sent to you via e-mail (PDF File). Print, cut and follow her picture instructions. You don't even have to be a great seamstress to make one. I whipped one up in an evening. (only time I can do sewing without interruptions). I loved the fact that not only is it a perfect "throw anything in it and go" bag,..it is also reversible! I added my own flare by adding a peony flower pin that she can put on, or take off to her liking. She really liked it! I may have to make a few more. pssst,...click on the {Noodlehead} to buy a pattern for yourself!



Which got me thinking,...should I add a few tu tus and run around bags to my Etsy site? With so many tu tus on Etsy to choose from, I am wondering if there would be anyone interested!? Hmmm,....what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment