Friday, April 16, 2010

5 Things Blog Along,......Crafter




"Art is when you hear a knocking from your soul - and you answer."
~Terri Guillemets

"Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in." ~ Amy Lowell

I love these two quotes, because they are so true! I consider crafting a form of art. An expression of ones self. I have always been interested in different mediums of art. I have painted, sculpted, and built things. I have also knitted, stamped, created, scrapbooked, sewed, stitched and decoupaged. Lately my newest love has been photography. So when I think of the things that make my life easier as a crafter, many things come to mind:


1.) Craft Stores: JoAnn Fabrics, Pat Catan's and Michael's have been my best friends lately. They are constantly sending me these delish advertisements with coupons! It doesn't take much for me to head to the local store to do some browsing, but when they tempt you with a 40% coupon,....it just gets me giddy! Here are some coupons (only good until tomorrow) you can print off:

* JoAnn's

* Michael's

2.) Blogs: I am now officially a blogg addict! They are so inspiring! I was chatting with a new friend I met at MOPS about this very thing. She gave me a few new sites to look at and it then I linked to more for there. It helps spark my imagination and gives me ideas for crafts that I can do with things already in my house. You can check out a few of my favorites on my following list.

3.) Scrap Book Days: I haven't been to one in a long time, but before Liam was born I would go at least twice a year. You bring all your photo's, your materials and tools. You pay a small fee to have a spot at the table, they feed you lunch (and dinner if you want to stay the full day) and the liberty to use their special tools on the center table. Every five pages you complete you get to enter a drawing for some amazing supplies. It was fun seeing all the ladies ideas, and the stories that go along with the pictures they were scrapbooking. I would get a lot done! I would leave with an album finished and some new friends!

4.) My Sewing Machine: (In the picture above) I love to sew! I have been sewing since I was a kid! My grandma taught me. The woman has the patience of a saint. I learned from a young age that the seam ripper was my "best friend". She instilled in me the idea that I could create anything! I have made dresses, pj's, doll clothes, pillows, etc. Now that I am home with Liam and have a little more time on my hands (than I used to working full time away from the house), I have gotten back into the craft. Right now I am working on a banner for a baby shower that I am helping with. I hope to have pictures up soon.

5.) Organization: I laugh when I write this one. In theory I try to keep all of my craft idea's organized. Well at least "together". But lately I have noticed that because my craft sessions are so sporadic lately (in between feeding Liam, on the phone with the hospital, e-mails etc) I have had trouble finding things. It helps so much when I stay organized. I dream of a day when I can have my own little sewing/craft room. Maybe when Liam outgrows his nursery? Maybe I can convince Tom to share his office?

Don't forget to check out the other girl's blog along:

Amanda

Julie

Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment