Wednesday, September 28, 2011

County Fair Projects!

I decided this year to go ahead and enter a few of my sewing projects and photos. There is something exciting about seeing your "art" on display. I didn't care if I won anything,..it was just fun seeing my creations in the barns!!







Some beautiful displays of vegetables grown by local farmers....





Beautiful flowers cut straight from the garden and displayed in original ways.






The sewing barn was filled with quilts, hand embroidered pillow cases, needlework, and sewing projects. It was amazing to see all the beautiful hand sewn pieces.











So excited to have won 1st place with my "Oo La La" apron! (Out of 4 entries!)

The yellow dress in the middle won 4th place.




I also entered a pink formal dress which won 1st place. (I couldn't get a good photo, because it was in the corner.)



With my photos I won 2nd with my black and white flower shot and 3rd place for a photo of Liam in Texas! I was told when I picked it up, that it was the photo club's favorite photo in the barn! (I have a cute kid!) I also had a chance to speak with the judge, and he said that he was impressed by my artistic eye and invited me to their photo club that meets at the library twice a month. I was flattered,..and I may just go one of these days.





I also entered a gift wrapping for the Mother's Day theme! (Can you tell which one is mine?) I personally thought it was cute,..but apparently it wasn't bright enough for the judge. I lost to a very flamboyant mismatched package with garden gloves and a tacky blue ribbon. Ha ha (Oh dear, I hope that didn't sound mean.) My package looked a bit lost in the bunch. Which was fine with me! I don't mind standing out in a very reserved kinda way! I am not about to create something just to please a judge. It's not about winning,..it's about sharing an idea. It's about being creative and loving the process.





Same goes for the headband (that I sell in my etsy shop) that I entered. Didn't place in the category, because it wasn't flamboyant enough. Oh well!



Next year, I will be participating again! It was so fun and worth the work! I earned prize winnings just under the amount I paid for my weekly pass! So I basically got in for free the whole week! How cool is that? I think that next year I will be entering more children's sewn items. They had very little in this category. I also want to try and enter a handmade purse and maybe a pillow case? Already starting to dream of all the possibilities to create some new things. This winter will for sure be filled with new projects!! Can't wait until next year,.....

No comments:

Post a Comment