Friday, January 28, 2011

Music makes me happy!

Spending this snow day sewing and listening to an amazing album. If you haven't heard of Sara Watkins, you are certainly missing out. Originally she was in the group Nickel Creek (remember them?) but her brother Sean Watkins (which went on to start a side project called: Family Reunion with the lead singer from Switch Foot, Jon Foreman) and Chris Thile (which now is the lead singer for the band Punch Brothers) decided to do projects individually. I still keep hope for the Nickelcreek reunion. ::crossing fingers::

Sara's debut album hit the scene in 2009. It does not disappoint! I am loving the tracks, "All This Time", "Long Hot Summer," and "Freiderick." She is one talented girl. She is touring this year with the Decemberist. Hoping they make a stop near me,...I would love to see them!

Here is the song that I have had on repeat all morning.......enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment