Thursday, July 1, 2010

Nap Time Projects

My husband's best friend is getting married this weekend. He will be standing in the wedding and we are both so excited. This will be the first time Tom he has ever worn a Tuxedo. (He wore a kilt in our wedding) The plan is to dress Liam in a formal suit/outfit  like his daddy,...but I never realized how hard it would be to find formal wear for a baby. In one of my parenting magazines I ran across this super cute outfit,..but seeing that it is not Christmas or Easter, I have had no luck finding it. I then thought if I could just find a small bow tie I would be set. ummmm yeah,..notta. So after many trips to multiple stores/malls I decided to make one myself. How hard could it be?! I stopped at JoAnn's and they had some discounted remnants of black flannel backed satin. (Amazing stuff!) I paid $2.00 for a half a yard! It took a bit of measuring just to get it to the right size, but I am so happy with the result.





Today I had a bit of quiet time and thought I would make another flower headband. I wanted to give it to the little girl I watch to wear for the 4th of July holiday! It looked so cute on her. Tom thinks I should open an Etsy shop of some of my creations. Not sure who would want to buy the things I make,...when there are already so many out there. ::shrug:: It would be a fun hobby. Maybe someday. 




1 comment:

  1. Megan I am impressed! You have an amazing talent:). I too am going to a wedding this weekend and had the hardest time finding a wedding outfit for Jonathan. I couldn't find anything, so he is wearing a linen button down shirt and dress shorts I found at Gap. I wish stores were equal in providing cute dress up outfits that they have girls in the stores!

    ReplyDelete