Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Inspiration

Lately I have had my eye on quilts. Every fabric store I have visited has had a special section specifically for the art. (Some fabric displayed these days are too bright for me...and other fabrics are just plain tacky) I have never dabbled into the "quilting realm" but I can appreciate all the work that goes into making one. I am envious of those who own a family heirloom passed down from a great grandmother or aunt. What a special piece of family history in every stitch.
I am thinking that I may just have to be the one to make one for my family. Not even sure how to start this very ambitious idea of mine,...but browsing never the less at all the quilting goodness there is on pinterest.

Not really into the super traditional style of quilt, but I like this modern twist....















Or this idea with the circles,...






But a big part of me loves these modern quilts,....
























Come on, these squares scream "Meagan!"






And I am loving the idea of adding words!!!






Photos: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9.




Maybe one of these days I will gain the courage to start one! Any quilters out there who have tips on where to begin? Should I take a class? I would more than likely do most of the work on my sewing machine (some maybe can be done by hand?)

1 comment: