Thursday, May 6, 2010

Daily Lessons



I have found that life is NOT a bowl full of cherries. I for one, have always enjoyed cherries, they are sweet, juicy and perfect for an afternoon snack and they are my favorite color. (My kitchen theme is even done is cherries!) But at the same time, you may get a sour one now and again and let's not forget the pits. This year has been just that "the pits". Seems like I can't catch a break. Just when I think things are running smoothly for once, my oven breaks, or the tire goes flat on my car. It's been so hard to think positive, when it seems like everything is breaking around you. God never says that life is meant to be easy,..but that through everything we must lean on him. I am comforted by the verses: (I am meditation on these)

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6


Trust,...sounds simple, but it's difficult most days. My understanding is what I see around me,...but it's all a part of God's master plan . There are things that will a go unknown, there are things that will pop up later in your life that help you understand why you had to go through something. I continue to acknowledge him by praising him for the blessings and knowing in my heart that he loves me. I am awaiting the straight path,..but then trust comes in yet again. Oh boy.


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11


I have always loved this verse! It is wonderful to know that the Lord has a perfect plan set out for me in my life. He uses all circumstances to his glory. I am beginning to see that.


So even though life may be the pits some days,...I still love cherries! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment